Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU
Line Manager: Payroll Manager
Salary: £21,000 per annum (Pro rata'd to part-time hours where applicable)
Sheffield United Football Club have an exciting opportunity for a new team member to support the Payroll Manager in undertaking the payroll administration of Sheffield United Football Club and other associated business and client payroll, ensuring 100% accuracy of all records throughout the system.
We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail who can create and maintain employees' records, calculation of wages and salaries and applicable deductions based on employee attendance & timesheet records.
Although advertised as a full-time role, there is the opportunity to discuss the flexibility of part time hours. For further information please contact the HR team directly.
- To undertake payroll administration ensuring the correct application, accuracy and timescales are met for the payrolls.
- Calculation and payment of National Insurance, Income Tax, Pension, Attachment of Earnings Orders, SSP, SMP, Student Loans and Year End Returns in line with legislation.
- Payroll administration including New starter/leaver administration, overtime payments, travel and subsistence and other emoluments, variations to pay, absences, bonus calculations, allowances and any other payments relating contractual payments.
- Maintenance of the Company's time and attendance and payroll systems.
- Completion and maintenance of all relevant documents for payroll, accounting, and audit purposes.
- To ensure all Payroll deductions are paid over accurately and on time
- Preparation of HMRC payments & pension documentation, SSP1, etc.
- Maintenance of Fleet records
- Processing of Expense payments
- Detecting & communicating anomalies
- Assist in system configuration
- To act as a point of contact for employees, dealing with a wide variety of queries, referring more complex queries to Payroll Manager
- To produce monthly reports as requested on staff data
- To ensure that all data is managed in accordance with statutory legislation and other guidance.
- Year-End Returns Knowledge of Time & Attendance Systems
The following criteria are essential for the Role:
- Previous experience within a busy Payroll Department
- Experience in processing high volume varied payrolls & ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills & professional effect with employees at all levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Team player
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll
- Willingness to learn
- Have the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Excellent telephone manner & interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills & multi-tasking abilities Knowledge of Time & Attendance Systems
The following criteria are desirable for the role:
- Professional payroll qualification
- AAT or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Time & Attendance Systems
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th September.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK