Contract Type: Casual
Location: RTC Training facilities and various opposition clubs
Line Manager: RTC Technical Director
Rate of Pay: £15.00 per hour
Sheffield United Girls RTC is one of thirty-two RTCs spread across the country and is an enhanced coaching centre for Girls at U10, U12, U14 and U16 age groups, which allows players identified as having elite potential the opportunity to access appropriate levels of coaching and support.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as a Goalkeeping Coach. We are looking for someone who has a passion for the progression and development of a team who can work closely with our Goalkeepers and form individual development plans for those players to achieve their potential. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring, with a proven track record of monitoring and enhancing high performance within a team.
Due to the nature of this role we would like someone with full flexibility who is able to attend evening training sessions and match day fixtures where required.
- To coach, monitor and report on the progress of all goalkeepers within the RTC.
- Implement and monitor the SUFC RTC's Coaching Syllabus.
- To ensure that all playing, training and relevant information on all RTC Goalkeeper's is recorded on the WPS and is kept up to date at all times throughout the season.
- To play a part in the organisation and delivery of the RTC's in-service training events organised throughout the season.
- To have a clear understanding of the RTC's philosophy, vision, values and culture.
- To take responsibility for your own health, safety and welfare, ensuring compliance with Sheffield United's Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and safe systems of work.
- To remember that the players safety and welfare are paramount and it is the responsibility of all staff and to ensure that every opportunity is taken to create and maintain an environment where children are safe and treated appropriately: to comply with Sheffield United's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
The following knowledge and experience are essential for the role:
- UEFA B Licence holder
- FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover Safeguarding and First Aid in Football)
- Experience of and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young and senior players and/or coaches
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment
- Analysing & Interpreting
- Organising & Executing
- Coping with pressures & setbacks
- Adhering to principles & values
- Great Communication Skills
- To uphold an Enhanced DBS check
The following knowledge and experience are desirable for the role:
- Interacting & Presenting
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 10th September.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Provisional Interview Dates: w/c 14th September 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK