Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week (to be worked across 5 days over the 7 day-week)
Location: Across various SUFC sites including Sheffield United Superstore and the Sheffield United Meadowhall Store.
Line Manager: Retail Supply Chain Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a part of our retail team here at Sheffield United Football Club as a Retail Stock Assistant. We are looking for someone with exceptional organisation skills who can support both the Sheffield United Superstore and Meadowhall SUFC Store, playing a pivotal role in the efficiency of the customer experience.
The Retail Stock Assistant will ensure that the receiving, storing, picking and loading of stock is done efficiently, whilst maintaining a clear workspace which complies with Health and Safety standards.
We will require someone who has the flexibility to work the contracted 35 hours over 5 days, which may be any 5 days from the week including weekends.
- Loading and Unloading
- Unpacking and organising deliveries/collections for the Sheffield United Superstore and the Meadowhall SUFC store
- To accurately check off all deliveries and correctly administer any discrepancies
- Ensuring all products are moved on to the sales floor efficiently
- Effectively manage any excess stock, stock shortages, returns and transfers
- Working safely in a way that reduces the risk of injury and damage to all other assets of the business
- Working in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by the Retail Supply Chain Manager, Retail Manager and/or Head of Commercial and Retail.
- Driving fleet vehicle from one location to another
The following criteria are essential for the Retail Stock Assistant Role:
- Driving License
- Prior experience of working in a stockroom/warehouse environment
- Relevant Health and Safety Certifications, e.g. Manual Handling Training
- Basic IT knowledge and experience of using IT software
- A Team Player
- Effective Communicator
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Confident in a fast-paced working environment
- Positive and proactive attitude
- The flexibility to work varying shifts/hours
The following criteria are desirable for the Retail Stock Assistant Role:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Commercially Aware
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy, please contact the HR department firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to email@example.com stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th October 2020.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Provisional Interview Dates: Week commencing 9th November 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK