An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Retail team. As an integral part of the retail team you will be responsible for managing the clubs online retail trading output.
This will require managing the range of products to ensure all lines are available to purchase online.
As well as working closely with the marketing team to drive retail campaigns, increase web traffic and optimise conversion to increase the clubs online retail trade on both a local and international level.
Contract type: Full time permanent
Salary: approx. £30,000 dependent on experience
Work location: Bramall Lane
- Working closely with the Retail Manager to deliver on department targets and objectives.
- Proactive daily management of the clubs' online retail system including product upload and categorisation, completing product descriptions and managing lines.
- Aiding and Implementing the clubs annual retail marketing plan. ie Contributing to content/campaign ideas, uploading digital assets inc web banners, product images, social media ads, ordering and distributing point of sale.
- Implementing PPC, Google Shopping and search marketing campaigns. Taking ownership in identifying key market growth areas and working closely with the marketing department on asset creation to facilitate effective "always on" retail marketing campaigns.
- Ongoing online shopper experience analysis, continuously looking for ways to improve the online shopper experience and drive traffic to aid conversion.
- Regularly analysing and reporting on online sales trends. Utilising both the website reporting systems and google analytics.
- Reporting on campaign successes and learnings.
- Update and maintain product/brand seasonal information
- Working closely with the clubs CRM manager to plan and schedule retail email marketing campaigns.
- Budget management
- Managing online retail enquiries
- Assist with campaign content creation ie planning and attending photoshoots, product shoots etc
- Staying abreast with all the latest developments in online retail and ecommerce trends. Driving forward new initiatives to drive sales.
- Adhering to club policies along with working to protect the club brand and identity.
- Working alongside other businesses/organisations/third party suppliers.
Skills / Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of website maintenance
- Able to understand and work to brand guidelines
- Audience segmentation and trend identification
- Experience with digital marketing tools ie PPC, Google shopping, Social media advertising, SEO
- Experience in driving online sales on a global scale
- Experience in creating effective retail marketing schedules
- Experience in broadening online retail offerings ie amazon, eBay
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Proven Ecommerce experience
- Understanding of PPC, SEO, Google Shopping
- CMS software experience
- Data protection policies (GDPR) knowledge and understanding
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets
- Proactive planning, scheduling and organisation
- Eye for detail
- Address concerns and overcome objectives
- Aware of workload and priorities
- Communicate verbally and written, clearly and accurately.
- Ownership of workload and accept responsibility
- Working to targets and KPIs
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is 21st February 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK