Sheffield United FC are looking to recruit a Building Facilities & Maintenance Operative to join our maintenance team on a part-time basis. Successful candidates should have a professional approach, alongside good time management and organisational skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a methodical yet flexible approach and have excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
Contract: Part Time, 21 hours per week
The main role of Part-Time Building Facilities & Maintenance Operative will include but is not exclusive to:
- Working as part of the Operations team and alongside external contractors.
- Carrying out general maintenance, building maintenance and planned maintenance across the properties managed by SUFC. These include the Bramall Lane Stadium and the offices and car parking areas of the three SUFC sites across the city.
- Providing assistance to the pitch maintenance team where required.
- Working in accordance with Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Driving fleet vehicles between SUFC sites
- Daily duties will include specific job lists / repairs, pro-active maintenance, emergency repairs and pre-planned works.
The following are essential criteria for this role:
- A construction industry related City and Guilds/ CITB qualification.
- Previous experience working in a maintenance role
- A full, clean driving license
Experience in the following areas is desirable for this role:
- Construction maintenance and new build.
- Basic joinery, plumbing & painting skills.
- Competency in using a range of hand power tools.
- Managing contractors, record keeping, compliance checks.
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety legislation and compliance, including risk assessments and method statements.
Please note that attendance at every home fixture is mandatory.
Anyone interested in the role should email the HR Team at HR@sufc.co.uk including their CV and Covering letter.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK:
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity:
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing prior work references