Sheffield United FC Player and First Team Management Appearance Policy
Sheffield United is committed to supporting community events and charities in the region and will facilitate appearances whenever practically possible. Unfortunately due to the volume received, we are unable to fulfil all requests.
It would be helpful if could read our Player and First Team Management Appearance Policy below before submitting your request.
Player refers to all our players and First Team Management includes the Manager as well as other Management Staff.
- Only requests via the designated Appearance Request Form, letter or email will be considered. (Verbal requests will NOT be taken into consideration.)
- At least four weeks' notice is required to facilitate any request.
- New requests will take priority over repeat requests.
- Requests will be assessed according to player/management availability.
- Players and Management will only attend events within a 10 mile radius of Bramall Lane
- Visits should be of a maximum duration of one hour.
- Players/ Management cannot take part in any activities with risk of injury.
- The event must NOT be centred on the player's or First Team Management member's attendance and must have a separate purpose.
Please note that we receive many requests for birthday and anniversary type of appearances as well as 'meet and greet' appearances but as they do not meet with our criteria we unfortunately will not be able to support them. Packages to meet players are not available to purchase.
Unfortunately, no appearances will be considered as follows:
- on match days
- 24 hours preceding a match
- 24 hours after a game
- on team travel days (day before an away game)
- players' day off (dependent on fixture calendar which is subject to change)
- during international breaks
- while players/ management are on annual leave (from the date of the last league game of the season until they return for pre-season training).
If your request is successful, the name of the attending allocated person will be confirmed, if possible, a week prior to the event. We are often unable to confirm names any sooner as changes can occur.
All appearances are subject to change. If an event has to be rescheduled and the original person can no longer attend, then an alternative person will be provided where possible. Please be aware that due to unforeseen circumstances and fixture changes there is a possibility that a player or management member from Sheffield United FC may not be able to make the appearance as agreed.
Contact will be made with the event organiser and a brief prepared regarding the purpose of the appearance to ensure the player/ management member is fully aware of their role.
We are inundated with requests for end of season presentations for Junior Football Clubs and unfortunately the majority of them fall on days and dates which we cannot fulfil and trying to find a way of dealing with requests fairly has proved impossible. Therefore, we are very sorry but we cannot support individual clubs with a player/ management appearance.
Please Note: We have agreed that we will support the Sheffield and District Junior Football Club League Awards as we appreciate the important place that junior football has in the area.
We are also receiving an increased number of requests for hospital and hospice visits for individuals and these we are not able to do. We do schedule carefully planned visits to our nominated charities at Christmas and for certain other events which means we can engage with more individuals. This also enables us to support the players for visits which can be difficult.
Sheffield United FC is also committed to supporting player/ management appearances for their nominated charities, sponsors and partners and for the Sheffield United Community Foundation.
Players/ Management may also attend a number of events through personal connections but this is done directly with the individuals concerned.
Players and First Team Management of Sheffield United attend a number of events throughout the year which allows fans and season ticket holders to meet them.