Part time: 2 days per week , 14 hours (flexible days)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead on the delivery of the Equality Standard as directed by the football league. This person will be responsible for the Creation of a Club strategy and lead on the internal and external communication which demonstrates the Club's commitment to equality.
- Be responsible for effective D&I communication within and across the Club producing and recommending actions required to achieve the aims of the D&I strategy
- Demonstrate the Club commitment to equality at the highest level and communicate this to all people associated with it
- Continuous review of Club Equality Policy in line with activity or changes to legislation
- Produce an Equality Action Plan for all areas of activity including an assessment of the club's current supporter base, community development participation and clear guidelines for dealing with abuse.
- Build relationships with local under-represented communities and individuals
- Implement and regularly review the Equality Action Plan
- Identify actions that will work towards increasing the diversity of the Club fan base and employees
- Determine how we will use Equality Impact Assessments to support our work towards equality
- Deliver appropriate training and/or briefings to all staff and key personnel associated with the club.
- Demonstrate good practice in the way we address under-representation across all levels and areas of activity and measures the effectiveness of this through Equality Impact Assessments
- Provide expertise and guidance on diversity and inclusion matters
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK