Sunday evening saw Bramall Lane host the annual Player of the Year event as the curtain on a sensational season, which saw promotion to the Premier League secured earlier on Sunday, comes to a close.
Sponsored by long-term commercial partner Whitehornes, a packed Platinum Suite paid tribute to boss Chris Wilder and his team, whilst enjoying a chance to celebrate promotion to the top-flight with the first team playing squad and management.
Hosted by local broadcaster and EFL commentator Paul Walker, the evening of awards paid acknowledgement to what has been a truly amazing season on the field.
David McGoldrick was crowned the 2018/19 Player of the Year having won a tightly fought fan poll for the coveted top prize.
The results in full were as follows...
- The Players Player of the Year - Billy Sharp
sponsored by BWF
- The 'David Spencer' Young Player of the Year - Dean Henderson
sponsored by S&L Electrical
- The Goal of the Season - Chris Basham versus Leeds United
sponsored by 1st Clas Ceilings and Partitions
- The Community Player of the Year - Dean Henderson
sponsored by Sheffield United Community Foundation
- The Golden Boot Award - Billy Sharp
sponsored by Bayliss Executive Travel
- The Player of the Year - David McGoldrick
sponsored by Whitehornes