United will continue to support four nominated charities this season.
The player ambassadors from last season have also agreed to continue their roles.
United are pleased to announce, therefore, that the ambassadors for the 2018/19 season are as follows:
- Billy Sharp - The Children's Hospital Charity
- Simon Moore - Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity
- Daniel Lafferty - St Luke's Hospice
- Jake Wright - Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice.
The additional charity for this season will be the EFL's Mind and the ambassador for them will be defender Richard Stearman.
The women's team will also be supporting our charities with their own player ambassadors. This season they be:
- Ellie Gilliatt - The Children's Hospital Charity
- Hollie Barker - Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice
- Nik Kemp - St Luke's Hospice
- Nikki Davies - Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity.
These charities will be collecting much needed funds throughout the season on a matchday as well as the Blades supporting each charity on their key events and initiatives.
United's operations director, Dave McCarthy, said: "We are delighted to be continuing our excellent relationships with the four local nominated charities and delighted that the local branch of Mind has been added to the list for season 2018/19. We enjoy working with them, not only raising funds, but giving them the opportunity to engage with our supporters and make them aware of the good work they all do."