Sheffield United FC is committed to working with the local community and supporting local charities through the provision of Club merchandise, Category B match day tickets and occasionally hospitality packages, all for the purposes of fund raising i.e. for auctions and raffles.
Sheffield United has four nominated charities that we support each season. These are The Sheffield Children's Hospital, Weston Park Hospital, St Luke's Hospice, and Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice. This season the Club will also offer local support to the EFL charity MIND. The Club also nominates two local charities each season and works closely with their respective charity departments to help raise funds wherever possible.
Sheffield United FC also aims to support local charities within a 20 mile radius of Sheffield. Due to the high volume of requests, the club unfortunately cannot support requests from outside the local area.
Prior to the start of each season, the club will organise charity 'bucket collections' at selected home fixtures for its 6 nominated charities, with these being the only bucket collections it can support.
Occasionally, supporters will wish to purchase a shirt or ball for signing by a player or players and the Club will only arrange this if the funds being raised are for one of its nominated charities (for each respective season). Such requests must have been made in writing and must have been approved by the Club's 'charity request team'.
Any other requests for assistance will only be considered if made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
All charitable requests must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the event.
All requests must be made in writing to the club, via email* to email@example.com or in a letter to Charity Requests, Sheffield United FC, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
No telephone requests will be accepted.
Written requests, via post or handed into the stadium.
The request should include the following information:
- The charity name, address and charity number (where applicable)
- Your contact name, email/postal address and contact phone number
- Type of event - some background for the donations request
- Day, Date, Time
- Event location
- Beneficiary of the funds raised
*All email requests must include a postal address
Charity requests will be considered by the club on a regular basis and responded to accordingly (usually via email).
The club cannot guarantee fulfilment of each request due to the high volume we receive, however, it will certainly do it's best to meet each requirement.
Reasons for declining your request may include:
- The charity is based outside the local community of Sheffield and its catchment area (20 mile radius).
- Short notice - the request has been received with less than four weeks' notice.
- The season is closed and therefore the request cannot be processed in time to meet the required deadline.
- There is insufficient written evidence to support the request, such as no postal address is included.