Sheffield United's Academy are looking for individuals to assist with scouting for the 7 to 16 age groups with voluntary and paid roles available in the following areas:
- Voluntary Talent ID scouts in Huddersfield/Wakefield/Barnsley
- Regional PT Scout (paid) for Leeds area
- Scout Co-ordinator (paid) for the Zone which covers Barnsley/Wakefield area
Scouts are required to assist with Scouting and Recruitment providing a systematic coverage of the local area in order to identify realistic recruitment targets for the Academy at Sheffield United Football Club.
All candidates will be expected to show commitment to the development of players for the Sheffield United Academy.
The successful applicants will be expected to be an ambassador for the Club and conduct themselves in line with the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
They will also be required to go through an induction and screening process. All positions will require completion of the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop.
Those interested will need to be available on either a Saturday or Sunday morning to watch matches within a given area and identify players within the given target phase and report back to the Head of Recruitment with recommendations of potential players.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of local football within your area with ability to build networks in that area
- Experience or a background in Academy scouting
- Ability to recruit players in line with Club recruitment plan
- Organisational/co-ordination skills
- Confidence and able to work individually and as part of a successful team
- Being a 'people person' with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer competence
- Ability to drive with a clean driving licence
If you would like to apply for any of the positions please send your CV and a covering letter outlining our football involvement and why you would like to be involved with the Sheffield United Academy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 11th August 2016
For further information if required phone 0114 253 7200 and ask for the Academy Recruitment Department.