Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

24 November 2018 Venue AESSEAL New York Stadium Attendance

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Rotherham 2-2 Blades - report

24 November 2018

Sponsored by

United were denied all three points by an injury-time goal at the AESSEAL New York Stadium on Saturday lunchtime.

Mark Duffy put the Blades in front in the first-half, only for Jon Taylor to level in the second period. Chris Basham headed the visitors back in front late on, but Jamie Proctor's stoppage-time effort ensured the spoils were shared.

For the clash against the Millers, boss Wilder named an unchanged matchday 18, with Egan overcoming a calf problem to take his place in the starting XI following the international break.

It was Rotherham who had the first sight of goal inside a minute, Taylor got the better of Basham, but Henderson was equal to Towell's deflected volley. In their next attack, it was Vaulks who had a chance on the edge of area, but he fired high and wide.

On seven minutes, Rotherham missed a clear opening to score. Vaulks long throw reached the back post and Taylor headed over with the goal at his mercy. Less than 60 seconds later, United pounced on an Ajayi mistake to take lead. DUFFY stepped past Robertson, before keeping his composure to fire past Rodak.

On the half hour there was a stoppage, whilst O'Connell received treatment following a clash of heads with Egan, under pressure from Smith. Rotherham went looking for an equaliser and Henderson was at his best to tip over Ajayi's header from Taylor's left-wing centre.

Henderson was then called into action moments later to deny Taylor at the expense of a corner.

With five minutes of the first-half remaining, United came close to a second twice in ten seconds. Fleck's run from Norwood's corner saw Egan keep the ball alive the back post, Robertson blocked, before McGoldrick saw an effort cleared of the line by Vaulks.

The home side were out of the blocks quickly, but Smith headed harmlessly wide from Vyner's cross. On the hour, United responded. Some neat play saw McGoldrick fashion a chance for Norwood, but Towell's challenge took the ball wide, following the resulting corner, Rodak saved from Duffy.

Basham was booked after catching Manning, before Clarke replaced McGoldrick. Henderson then came to United's rescue to deny Robertson with an excellent save, but he was powerless moments later as TAYLOR fired at goal and with the aid of a big deflection it ended up in the back of the net.

With eight minutes remaining, Henderson kept the scores level to deny Ajayi, before the Rotherham defender headed wide from Towell's cross. And the Blades punished them at the other end. Sharp found space in the area and BASHAM headed home at the back post, having been pushed into midfield moments earlier.

As the clocked ticked down, Stearman and Johnson were introduced as five minutes added time were signalled and in the third of those the home side snatched an equaliser. Smith got the better of Stevens and as Norwood tried to clear the danger the ball fell for PROCTOR, who fired home to grab a point for the Millers.

Rotherham: Rodak, Vyner (Vassell 87), Mattock, Vaulks, Ajayi, Taylor, Towell, Robertson, Manning (Newell 62), Williams (Proctor 87), Smith.
Unused: Wood, Palmer, Proctor, Price, Wiles.

Blades: Henderson, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Sharp (Johnson 90), Egan, Norwood, McGoldrick (Clarke 62), Freeman, Duffy (Stearman 87).
Unused: Baldock, Coutts, Johnson, Moore, Washington.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block