Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

01 December 2018 Venue Bramall Lane Attendance

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Blades 0-1 Leeds - report

1 December 2018

Sponsored by

United slipped to a narrow defeat in a fiercely contested Yorkshire derby at Bramall Lane.

A rare mistake from goalkeeper Dean Henderson contributed to the only goal of the game, with Pablo Hernandez settling the contest in Leeds favour in the final ten minutes.

Wilder made three changes for the latest Yorkshire derby, with Baldock, Duffy and Sharp all named in the starting XI. Lundstram and Washington both dropped to the bench, where they were joined by Cranie.

United shaded the early exchanges, with Basham marauding forward on a couple of occasions. And on 10 minutes McGoldrick forced Peacock-Farrell into a fine save having been afford space 25 yards out.

Stevens became the first to see yellow midway through the first-half, for a soft foul on Klich. From the resulting free-kick, Henderson was the Blades saviour, denying substitute Halme from point-blank range with excellent reflex stop. Egan was then carded after Roofe turned him on the edge of the penalty area, but the Irish defender blocked the free-kick that followed.

At the other end, Duffy fashioned out a cross having beaten Douglas. Peacock-Farrell fumbled under pressure and although the referee had blown for a foul McGoldrick fired over. Roofe was then carded after body checking Egan.

On the stroke of half-time, United should have hit the front. McGoldrick got the better of Phillips and crossed inviting for Sharp, but the Blades skipper headed down and over under pressure from Peacock-Farrell.

Leeds made a change the break, with Clarke replace Alioski. McGoldrick was flagged offside in what was a marginal call, before Baldock was cautioned for a foul on Clarke.

Halme appeared to foul Sharp, but the referee waved played on and Clarke drew a comfortable save from Henderson.

On the hour, Henderson was called into action again, to push away an effort from Klich who had beaten three defenders on the edge of area. Duffy was withdrawn, with Washington taking his place, a switch that saw McGoldrick drop into a deeper role and he almost scored within a minute that. Halme miscued a clearance, Jansson denied Washington, before Peacock-Farrell regained his composure to save.

There were 20 minutes remaining, when Baldock got the better of Douglas and Forshaw before teeing up Stevens, but his rasping drive was inches to high of Peacock-Farrell's goal. In response, Leeds thought they had taken the lead, Dallas crossed to the near post and Roofe's header went narrowly wide. The visitors continued to push, this time Klich fired over from distance.

In the 82nd minute, Leeds opened the scoring. A mistake by Henderson left Clarke with the simple task of squaring to HERNANDEZ to tap into the empty net. After not getting a number of decisions, Halme was booked for a late challenge on Sharp.

Four minutes of added time were signalled and the second of those, Washington almost snatched an equaliser. Fleck's corner wasn't cleared and the substitute's effort beat Peacock-Farrell, but hit the crossbar, as the visitors hung on the claim the spoils.

Blades: Henderson, Baldock, Stevens (Johnson 84), Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Sharp, Egan, Norwood, McGoldrick, Duffy (Washington 62).
Unused: Lundstram, Coutts, Stearman, Moore, Cranie.

Leeds: Peacock-Farrell, Douglas, Forshaw, Cooper (Halme 21), Roofe, Alioski (Clarke 45), Dallas, Jansson, Hernandez (Shackleton 90), Phillips, Kilch.
Unused: Huffer, Saiz, Harrison, Baker.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block