Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 12 hours per week
Line Manager: Academy Manager
Salary: £6-£12K dependent on qualifications and experience
Sheffield United Academy are inviting applications to acquire passionate and knowledgeable part time coaching staff. Applicants must be able to deliver high intensity sessions through their ability to connect with the kids and be able to challenge, enhance and guide the academy players through their knowledge of football and development in line with our playing principles.
- To work alongside the Head of Coaching and Lead Phase Coach to deliver an age specific technical and tactical coaching programme for players in Academy in accordance with the clubs wider philosophy and strategy.
- Supporting a suitable games programme to underpin the coaching programme. This may require the creation of additional fixtures schedule to meet the needs of the players.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive and up-to date record of players within your allocated age group on the Academy PMA ensuring this information is kept up to date throughout the course of the season and treated confidentially.
- Liaise with the MDT regarding the fitness and treatment of players within your specific age group. You will be responsible for ensuring that the physical and psychological well-being of the players within your squad is maintained.
- To take part in internal CPD sessions and work with the Head of Coaching on developing an individual Development Action Plan.
- Complete the Coaching Competency Framework
- Play a key role in the release and retention process for signed players within your specific age group.
- In conjunction with the MDT, manage the process of player performance reviews organised and delivered throughout the season to players within your age group
- Develop and Lead Player ILP Programme with your players.
- Minimum UEFA B Coaching Award
- FA Youth Modules 1,2,3
- Experience of coaching young players
- Experience in Youth Development
- Experience of working within an Academy
- FA First Aid (Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football)
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- This role requires a DBS check
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills:
- ability to communicate with parents/guardians
- ability to communicate with players of all age ranges
- ability to communicate with coaches across all phases.
- To have Played to Academy level or beyond
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to email@example.com stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th March 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK