Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Sheffield United FC and various opposition clubs played
Line Manager: Academy Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependent on level of qualification and experience
Sheffield United are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Goalkeeping Coach to work with our current Full-Time GK team, spanning from First Team to the Academy. The role will require the applicant to carry out detailed coaching sessions, be able develop and enhance current talent, and be able to have an eye to scout for future talent.
- Development of goalkeepers from U9-U23, including monitoring and providing support to the club's Head of Goalkeeping.
- Ensure the monitoring of goalkeepers performance across the Academy, ensuring all goalkeepers in the Academy have an 'Individual Learning Plan' which is consistently delivered, reviewed and adapted, with appropriate opportunities to practice on the areas highlighted.
- Liaise closely with the Lead Phase Coaches and Academy Coaches throughout the age groups regarding training, games and progress.
- Along with the Goalkeeping Department, develop and monitor age-appropriate coaching curriculums and development programmes across the Academy and ensuring there is an integrated approach with outfield players.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the Academy's GK coaching curriculum..
- Work effectively with other departments to ensure the Academy operates in a multi-disciplinary environment and to ensure all goalkeepers are fully prepared and have a comprehensive development programme.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the role, including general organisation, recording of sessions, player reviews, learning objectives, and weekly reflections through the PMA and other systems.
- Contribute to the scouting and recruiting process where appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to meetings as directed by the Head of Goalkeeping/Head of Academy/Head of Coaching
- Attend at least five hours of FA in-service training per year and ensure licence maintenance requirements are kept up to date.
- Actively support the Coaching Competency Framework (CCF) and undertake CPD organised by the club and take responsibility for your own professional development by accessing development opportunities provided by governing bodies and external organisations.
- Minimum UEFA B GK Coaching Award
- FA Youth Modules 1,2,3
- Experience of coaching young players
- Experience in Youth Development
- Experience of working within an Academy
- FA First Aid (Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football)
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- This role requires a DBS check
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- ability to communicate with parents/guardians
- ability to communicate with players of all age ranges
- ability to communicate with coaches across all phases
- UEFA A GK Award
- Advanced Youth Award (GK Specific)
- To have played to Academy level or beyond
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th February 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK