Sheffield United FC Academy is looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed physiotherapist/sports therapist to join our Part-Time Medical Team. Successful candidates should be self-motivated and driven by both personal development and that of the players in our Academy system.
Rate of pay: £16.50 per hour
The main role of Part-Time Medical staff will include but is not exclusive to:
- Providing home and away the pitch-side medical cover of Sunday fixtures across pre-Academy, Foundation and Youth phase age groups (U9 - U15) at least 2 matches a month
- Use of PMA to generate injury report, WRP individually, SOAP note and general medical note (internal handover) following the clinical reasoning and RTP pathway of SUFC
- Covering the evening clinic and Saturday matches and FP/YP tournaments (domestic/abroad) occasionally.
- Liaising with Full-Time medical staff in the treatment and management of injured players.
- Partake in weekly Continued Professional Development (CPD) of Sports Physiotherapy Programme, including compulsory pitch-side/trauma teaching session.
This role places a particularly strong emphasis on the ability to cover the pitch-side of our Sunday matches (at least 2 matches a month) and this will be your priority in your role with us.
The following are essential criteria for this role:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy/ Society of Sports Therapists.
- Member of the hcpc/SST.
- Experience in working in a musculoskeletal setting.
The following are desirable criteria for this role:
- Experience in working pitch-side and certify the pitch-side qualification (ITMMiF).
- Previous experience with the Premier League PMA.
- Hold current DBS checked.
- The Full UK driving licence with access to a car.
Anyone interested in the role should email the HR Team at HR@sufc.co.uk including their CV and Covering letter.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK